Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Class conundrum

If there's anybody out there that actually reads this blog, that has any class teaching experience - then this is a shout out to you:   I need help.  I love teaching beading classes, and people ask me "do you teach?" on a regular basis.  However - how do I actually get them to sign up?  I've got two classes on the calendar right now that several people have asked (no, BEGGED) me for.  One of them is tomorrow - no takers.  One of them is in two weeks - the 5th of December.  I contacted the ladies that asked about that one - nope, they're not signing up 'right now' either.  So what the?   WHY ask if you teach classes, BEG the instructor to find the time to put together a kit complete with instructions, beads, and whatever else that is needed, and then NOT take the class that you asked for?  It takes A LOT of work to put that all together.  And if I go ahead and sell them as kits with instructions in the shop, do I charge more - or less?  I am getting very frustrated with this particular part of the bead biz - but hate to not give them the option.  I'm also thinking of offering ONLY one on one sessions instead of an actual CLASS.  So HELP.  What is your take? 

No comments: