Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2014

We're not done WHIRLING!

As if last weekends successful shows weren't enough excitement for me - I DID IT AGAIN!

Yesterday's Grand Ledge Island Art Fair (a 40 year tradition in this area) was a rousing success - from the spot they chose for me - to the sales, sales, SALES!  It was a perfect day for a show - a little hot for those shoppers and unfortunate vendors who were out in the SUN - but me?  I think I had one of the shadiest and most beautiful spots on the island - they call it the narrows - the very tip of the island - with just 12 or so feet of grass between the sidewalk and the river on either side.  I had no idea what I was in for when I arrived:


Yikes.  Booth.  Meet the Grand River.  I was glad it didn't get stormy or windy so that it didn't HAVE TO!  LOL!

The fact that this spot also included a large tree for shade was also a bonus, after giving us just a bit of wonder at how to set things up underneath it.  Normally this 10X10 is up just a few more inches in height to accommodate 6 footers like my hubby, but the tree said not today.  He didn't stick around, so it didn't seem to be an issue.  

Then the people came - and came - and CAME!  All day long.  So FUN!
  


And it was another situation where people could access my space from more than one direction, but having already been there last week - I was prepared!




This was the 'sunny side' of the booth - a few of the metal charms and pendants got a little HOT, as well as the customers who stopped there.  I invited them to come on in to the shady side of the booth, and many sales ensued!
I LOVED this location, and this show, and have already signed up for next year, with promise of the SAME SPOT!  YIPPEE!

Now to create more Enlightened Denim.  THESE are just some of the pieces I've sold recently, many of them at yesterdays show.  My next show is in Old Town - a very funky, alternative community here in town - so I think the denim pieces will be a hit there too!

Guess I better get crankin on those pieces.  I would like to include at least ONE new zipper cuff (I've sold all 3) and those take a bit of work and doin'.  Only have one WRAP bracelet left too - at first those weren't quite as popular - I think it took displaying it on a display hand stand to show people how it would look ON.  BINGO!   SOLD!  YAY!

Happy Summer!  and

Peaceful beading,
TTFN