Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Starting fresh (again)

Well that week didn't quite go as I had planned.  Neither one of the pieces that I had in mind for entering contests have turned out NEARLY as worthy as they need to to qualify.  "Drawing" board, I return to you.


 I believe my Muse may have hightailed it for warmer temperatures.  Can't says I blame them....



I am working on completing ONE of those pieces -

 I won't enter it in a contest as I'd planned, but it can still go in my inventory, or to the art gallery next switch out.  I'm also considering a second try at a gallery here in town that I've been a part of in the past.  I need to make some inquiries regarding rent and hours required to work before I commit, as well as feel them out about how they think my denim pieces ( I would only submit those) would sell.  It IS in Old Town - where they were very well received over the summer, so we'll see.

So I guess my week wasn't so bad after all.  I have a list of things to do, inquire and mull about.  In the dead of winter, I guess I can't ask for much more than that.  Except for maybe some Etsy sales.
Honestly kids - I don't think re opening my shop was such a great idea.  WAAAAAAAY too many beaded jewelry (especially bead EMBROIDERED beaded jewelry) sellers to compete with - from all over the globe.  So don't be surprised if I shut it down again.  I WILL keep the album of pieces on Facebook though - as well as the one here on the blog - although I admit it needs an update - badly.
That will have to be for another day - another long, cold, dark, snowy winter day.  BLAH.  :(

Stay warm and bead....

Peaceful beading,
TTFN

No comments: