Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Babbling about beads and stuff

It's been one of those weeks. GREAT sales at the beginning of the week, and then screeeeeech.
Halt. There's been nary a soul for 2 days. I suppose I could blame the economy if I wanted to buy into that. For the most part I've been doing quite well - economy be hanged. Even the schoolhouse has been a bit slower than usual - and all the customers we do get have been here all at once - enough that we have both registers running, and someone walking the floor checking on customers. IF we have the people. I swear everyone that sells antiques in this place had the good sense to hightail it to Florida for the month. So we're a bit worker short. And a few tempers short too. There a few personality clashes, with people that don't usually work together often working together ALL THE TIME. I'm glad I can just sit back here and either ignore, or take it in quietly. I get up and walk or wait as I'm needed. Otherwise - call me beaded.
I am also a bit frustrated with my brain at the moment. I seem to have lost or misplaced (or possibly had stolen) a couple HUNDRED dollars worth of jewelry pieces. Can't find them anywhere. One was to be for the Exhibition. I was bringing them both here from home - and can't for the life of me find them. They may possibly have gotten stolen, thrown away, or fallen out of my bag. Any scenario means the same thing. A HUGE loss of some of my favorite pieces.
I just wish I could REMEMBER if I actually put them somewhere. Urgh.
Think I may scoot out early.....
TTFN.

No comments: