Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Blue Monday


Not just because it's rainy and gray outside (never gonna finish flower planting at this rate), but because the project I brought home to play with is blue! A tealy more aqua blue, but blue none the less....it started out as the Pacific Burst project from Bead Pattern Central, but when I had trouble with one of the steps turning out as I wanted - it morphed into - yup, you guessed it - something totally non-pattern like at all. Still playing. Thinking of adding a few Bead Infinitum beaded beads and some bronzy chain to the whole thing. Not sure what it is about aqua and bronze for me right now - but I LOVE the contrast! Definitely will post more photos when complete...
I'm also tossing ideas around in my head (so many sleepless nights - so much in my brain!) a way to have a 3 year anniversary bash for the bead store. Since I'm inside the antique mall, it's hard to have something like that without including all of them. Maybe I'll see if they are interested in some sort of Fall Festival to coincide. And since I'm also planning a week long trip to Florida in October - it's going to be a busy fall! I am very proud, happy and EXCITED to have made it to the 3 year mark. Statistics for small business show that most don't make it past two years. YAY ME! And I'm at the point now where I'm becoming a shop that many customers will return to, as well as tell others about. I'm the only bead store on the west side of town, and although it's a bit of a drive from my little home in the 'burbs every day- I'm not planning on making any changes anytime soon - unless it's to grow! I am grateful to all the girls at The Little Red Schoolhouse for being so gracious and helpful with my customers when I am not available. There are many venues that would not be so kind. So thanks to Ann, and Penni, and Tracy, and Robbi, and Pat, and the list goes on and on (there are way too many to name) - I love you all!
Welcome home to all the Bead & Button bloggers! I've been keeping up with your blogs while you were gone - and can't wait to have enough saved up to attend some year!
Time for Young and Restless - a daily guilty pleasure.....
TTFN

2 comments:

Lisa Crone said...

Really cool, I love seeing the works in progress. Makes the final pieces just a tad bit less intimidating!! :)

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Love the complementary mix of aqua and bronze. These do bring to mind sea mist.