Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

No show go

Well, poop.  I received a call from the museum event coordinator yesterday - they are CANCELLING this years event due to lack of interested vendors.  Apparently, in the 10 years they've been hosting this event, this is the first time that they had planned to require the artists to be available in person during the show.  DIDN'T work out quite they way they hoped.  Turns out most of the artists would prefer to pay a small commission to NOT have to be there.  And since I was going to have to schlep tables, chairs, displays, merchandise AND drive 40 miles one way two days in a row - I think I would have preferred that too.  So they are rethinking next years event, notifying us early of June's Art and Wine event, and refunding our jury fee.  There were only 6 of us to reply.  Sad, relieving and stressful all at the same time.  Sad, because it sounds like it's been a successful event in the past (not sure why they messed with it), relieving because now I don't have to worry about schlepping those tables, chairs and stuff and getting there in a reliable vehicle, AND not to have to worry about having enough museum quality work, but stressful because that was my last hope for a holiday show besides my own.  I DID have an offer from someone to allow me to put a 'tray' of items at their booth in next weeks Mason show, but 1. I don't know the person,  and 2. I prefer to display my items more professionally than a tray.  I am getting many offers to participate in events NEXT year, so I guess I'll have to set my sights on those, and just bead, bead, bead. |
And on a related note - I'll have a brand new photo soon of my space at Coyote Wisdom.  We've made some changes, added some shelving, and I'm in the process of doing what the girls at the shop call "Sheryl-izing".  haha.  I will be clerking all day tomorrow, and will probably have plenty of time to work on it.  I definitely need to add more merchandise!  And I had a decent sales month BEAD wise last month too - for a change.  I had thought of pulling them out, but now, with the new display, I may stick it out a bit longer with them.  
Off to the bead table early on a Friday morning - my favorite time to bead - when the dogs and the hubby are quiet, and traffic hasn't started speeding by, or backing up during drop off of the kids at the school complex across the street yet.  Shhhhhh......beading.
Peaceful beading to you too..
TTFN

No comments: