Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Overwhelmed and under appreciated

That's about the jist of it.  I will feel either more or less so after Friday, when I find out whether or not I'm accepted into the Ella Sharp Museum show.  I'm not even sure I have enough high caliber items to take.  Many of them are already committed to the art market at the LAG and can't be removed until after the holiday season.  And I still haven't even made my way to Owosso to check with the Art Center there.  THESE are the types of commitments that I WANT to make, but all of a sudden, I'm finding myself freaking out about them.  And there's my nitwit idea to have a home based open house show right in the middle of it all.  It sounded like a good idea in my head.  I got the post cards printed, which are kick ass professional, and I've been handing them out to specific friends and friends of friends, along with an email invite and Facebook invite.  And all of a sudden, the week before the event, all I'm hearing are sorry's.  Great.  Going to alot of trouble (and going through a lot of guilt - long story for a different blog) to prepare, and I may end up with just 3 people.  That are coming more for the one on one time and catching up, rather than shopping.  ~SIGH~.  I always put myself through major panic when I plan these, and yet - I continue to do it.  ~double sigh~.
Off to the LAG today for more volunteer hours and to check in my holiday market pieces.  Let's hope it's a profitable market.  I did pretty well last year....
Sorry for the absence on the blog - still no laptop, and lots to prep for, so it's been kind of nice to step away from the keyboard for awhile....I miss this, though...
Til next time...
TTFN

No comments: