Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Anybody miss me?

 It's been over a week!  No good news on the laptop front other than I WAS able to get it to gasp long enough for me to transfer some files to my flash drive.  So I at least have photos to use for submissions, etc.  What I miss MOST is my photo cropping and finishing software.  I may need to figure out a way to get it on this old desktop.  But for now - between my Nook and it's WiFi connection, and this ancient desktop, I THINK I'm keeping up with the world digitally.  Keeping up with the world person to person, however - that's a different story -  and the reason for the following rant:
I KNOW it's fun to 'shock the adults' with PDA's when you're a teenager.  The teens at the next table at Barnes & Noble's cafe tonight were all over each other.  Gross - but I remember being a teen. It's exciting.  BUT - when ADULTS that are OLDER than I AM go at it in the chair right next to me IN THE STORE (HE was on HER lap) - that's MORE than gross.  That's obscene.  I really wanted to tell them to get a room - but chose to give up my cozy armchair instead (which he immediately took possession of).  I'm sure there must have been other places in the store with two chairs together, people - but was that PDA really called for?  Almost made me lose the pumpkin cheesecake that I'd just savored.  No wonder I much prefer the company of my dogs and the cozy quiet of my house lately.  Cuz being out in public is just plain scary these days! 
Hope you've all been happily beading - I know I have.  Not having internet access as often has left me with more time to bead!  So here's the latest  - all whipped up since last Wednesday:
"One World" - started Thursday.  Finished Sunday.  When they come to me, they come to me.  This is Azurite/Malachite and Turquoise.  Not sure where it's 'going' yet....


Peacock on Ice now has matching earrings....

And "Alaskan Moonlight" is finally finished.  It is destined for the Lansing Art Gallery Holiday Market inventory next week. 
Hope to blog again real soon with news of another wonderful opportunity I was presented with this week.  I don't know if I quite dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's correctly - I'll know by November 4th!
Until then - have a wicked fun weekend and Happy Halloween!  MWWWWAAAAAHHAHAHAAAA!
Peaceful beading,
TTFN

No comments: