And that's where I sit with another of my pieces. 'To the Trees' has been for sale at The Lansing Art Gallery since fall.
Yesterday when I did my volunteer hours, the program director presented it to me and asked me if I could change it for a customer. At first I was hesitant, but then discovered that it simply needed to be shortened. SIMPLY being the operative word, however. It really wasn't as simple as that. The patron truly likes the piece however, and is also asking for matching earrings, which will add to the purchase price of the set.
So I brought it home. And I laid it out on the board. And I made sure I had all the beads I used to make the thing over a year ago (miraculously, I have almost all), and then looked at for awhile. What to do....
|The large bead on the left was the "clasp" before, that closed with a loop end.|
I am pretty pleased with how it turned out - and the only beads I actually ADDED are the barrel and rondelle and three seed beads for the new clasp bead, as well as the loop end beads. And I didn't remove ANY. I felt it was important to try to keep the braid intact - or risk losing the whole strap. It went from about 22 inches to 18 inches - 19 if you use the outer loop.
Peaceful beading - and CREATING -