Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Where is YOUR School Spirit?

Rah! Rah!  Sis boom bah!   It’s that time of year again – FOOTBALL season!  AND craft show season!  Do you show your team spirit and provide jewelry in your local schools colors at your shows?  I haven’t done so a whole lot in the past – but this year, thought I might try a few things – mostly earrings and purse/key chain charms.

001

Here in my neck of the woods – there is quite a bit of rivalry – not just with the local high school – but we live right on top of Michigan State University (Spartans-Go GREEN, GO WHITE!), AND within an hour of their biggest rival University of Michigan at Ann Arbor (the blue and gold Wolverines).  We seem to have a mix of fans of both in these here parts – so I’m trying to have a little of both on the table.  I’m not a huge fan of either- I much prefer MSU HOCKEY  – so we’ll see what kind of comments I get!  LOL!  Today is pretty much my last school spirit “design” day – with a Mom play date planned for tomorrow – and a BEAD play date planned for Thursday. 
I’m also planning a few little surprises for some of my favorite Libra birthday sharing friends, using these:
003

They will BOTH love them – whatever I decide to make for them.  Don’t want to give too much away!
I also need to squeeze kit making in there somewhere – for AT LEAST the Dahlia Ring class happening next Saturday at SmittenDust:

clip_image002

Darling Dahlia Bead Woven Ring
Saturday, Sept 28, 12-4

with Sheryl Stephens, $30

Create a pretty flower ring. Students will learn circular and two drop peyote stitch, as well as a simple fringe technique. All supplies included.

At SmittenDust Studio

Teach.Craft.Learn

257 S. Bridge St. (corner of Bridge and Jefferson) Dimondale, MI

Go to www.smittendust.blogspot.com to register!

I played and made another one yesterday – a figured out some cool ‘optional’ steps to add, too!  It’s a quick and easy project – fun to make for family and friends IF you know their approximate ring size.  This class is scheduled from noon to 4 – but unless  you simply cannot grasp the peyote concepts – it will definitely not take that long!
Kits will be available in the colors shown, as well as some others too.  EXTRAS will be available for purchase.

I canNOT believe that fall is upon us already.  I’m deeming this the year with no summer.  Bummer.  Sad smile
BIG LOTS of classes, shows and STUFF getting ready to happen – this weekend is a TWO DAY event at the Market location – both Saturday and Sunday at the Central Park Pavilion behind the Meridian Mall.  Chilly set up temps (gotta remember those fingerless gloves) but nice daytime temps and NO rain expected either day.  I think I can live with that.   ”All Hallows Eve” will be making it’s first show appearance:

All Hallows Eve.jpg

Spooky cool. 
Peaceful beading,
TTFN

No comments: