Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Still living 10 to 2

About a year ago I posted about a big BIG change in my life, and how I was adjusting to 
MY LIFE BETWEEN 10 & 2.
I had to give up my car back in May of last year.   It meant learning to do the things that I need to do in my every day life before my husband leaves to work his 2nd shift job from 3 to 11.

I run errands.  I plan lunches.  I do what I can.  And then after he leaves - I PLAY.  I BEAD.  I watch NETFLIX.  And you know what?

I kinda like it.


After over a year of living this way - I have gotten so used to it, that when I've had opportunities to take advantage of having a vehicle of my 'own' to drive (like during mom-in-laws doctor ordered "NO driving" days last week), I found myself saying NO.  I couldn't think of anything I needed to do that couldn't be done between 10 & 2.
There have been times when a second car would be nice.  Yes, I've given up a few dinners with the girls, and last minute get togethers on week nights, or being able to run to the store on a whim. The hardest part was getting past the guilt of needing to ASK for rides occasionally, and figuring out the logistics of ride sharing.  But I am confident that someday I WILL have a car again.  My car of choice? 
A Kia Soul.  
Although I'm not quite sure it's large enough for all my show displays and tables.  

It's something to shoot for on the days when I'm home, enjoying the beautiful blue skies we've had

 - wishing on those daisy petals for things that come true...  



And speaking of wishes ....
Wish me luck this weekend!  Tomorrow's show is at a local nature center - a harvest type festival that has been known to draw 1000's of people - but they've never had the craft/art show element of it before.  Not sure what people will be expecting, or looking for. 
My ENTIRE inventory is nature themed, along with Halloween.  I went through everything I have in stock, and pulled anything out not relevant to nature.  Pared down what I did have and of course, beefed up the Enlightened Denim.  How about these beauties?  I don't want to do too many of these with a Halloween theme  -  but the ideas and the perfect components just keep pouring out...



This one is more everyday, with just a touch of the colors of fall.  I LOVE doing the zipper pieces, but they are time consuming.  I have four ready for the weekend.  That will have to do.


So there you have it.  Life lived fully and happily - not just from 10 to 2 - but all day long thanks mostly to my beads....

Peaceful beading,
TTFN

No comments: