Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Intermittent blogging

Normal blog postings are being pre-empted due to abnormally nasty snow fall.  We have mounds and mounds and mounds of it, with another 4 to 6 inches expected tomorrow.  Poor hubby has cleared our drive (5 car lengths LONG) 3 times this week, only to have the plows block in the end again, WHEN they finally decide to plow at all.  It takes him approximately 2 1/2 hours to clear it - and another 1/2 hour to clear the deck and a path for the dog.   It's cold, it's nasty, and there's been no sun to speak of in DAYS.  Am I getting a bit antsy?  You betcha.  It's disheartening, if not downright depressing to make it all the way to the shop (a 20 minute drive on a GOOD day) only to have absolutely no customers all day long.  I think after today, I will be staying home for a few days again.  I HAVE, somehow, miraculously, come up with a few more design ideas.  Now if I can just find somewhere here at home among the wainscoting, treadboards, and drywall to BEAD.  I've been wanting my dining room redone, and the paneling removed for ages.  Now that my husband is laid off, and BORED - he started ripping down my walls.  I came home last night to find all my precious ornaments and wall accents in boxes. Thanks, honey.  I hope we have all the paint and spackle already to fix it with....
We will continue with our regularly scheduled blog postings, complete with photos of some of my newest creations - when I dig out from under the piles of white.

No comments: