Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

News from Sunny Florida

IT'S SNOWING IN FLORIDA!   Yep, you read that right.  My mom just called.  They are in The Villages - which is just about an hour east of Tampa - or a little less than hour south and west-ish from Ocala and Orlando.  29 degrees.  Frozen palm trees and tropical plants.  AND SNOW.  Just flurries.  But still.  I laughed and I laughed and I laughed.  We here in the frozen north got just under 6 inches of snow in the last go round - with a little bit more on the way on Monday.  So anyone who might be thinking about escaping the snowy north and heading south - you may want to think SouthWEST instead - because I think they are probably the only warm states (Arizona, New Mexico) in the U.S.    Brrrr.....
Staying home with this cold for another day.  The shop has been downright dead in the last couple days anyway (I checked with the girls.  Nary a customer).  And no one wants these germs spread around.  I probably got them from there anyway, which is bad enough.   So I will continue working on projects and playing here at home.  Still nothing photo worthy - does anyone else find it hard to be creative when their brain is muddy with snot and codeine based cough syrup?
At least the sun is shining.....
TTFN

No comments: