Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Using the Muse

As I posted a few days ago, I entered the 'Use the Muse' contest again this round.  I did have a small issue with receiving my email submission, as well as being overlooked for the preorder discount and freebies.  I didn't even mention those things to her, because they weren't that important to me in the grand scheme of participating.  After an email or two to Scarlett herself (with polite responses received immediately) -  I did finally receive my submission form, and made my submission before the Early Bird deadline.  I didn't realize until today, upon reading the Beading Daily forums and subsequently her blog forum, that there were so many unhappy people.   It's too bad that so many mistakes have been made with this contest - because it's been fun, and rewarding, for me and I'm sure others as well.
To any of you unhappy people that may be reading my little insignificant blog - be patient with Scarlett. I think she has been greatly overwhelmed with response and probably a little underwhelmed with sponsors for this contest.  She is probably doing the best she can.  I hope that everyone that participates - or receives a refund because of unfortunate circumstances, will take a deep breath, remember we're all in this bead thing together, and plan to enter the next one - because I really, really hope that she will offer us a Use the Muse V.

2 comments:

Karyn said...

I am taking part also and am about 3 days from finishing my piece which is a huge relief as this will give me a day or two to play around with getting the best photo of my piece.

I pre-ordered the kit and have to admit I still haven't received the extra "project" we were supposed to receive. I didn't have any troubles receiving the kit but didn't seem to receive the initial email with the entry form.

Running a competition this big must be huge but I guess you need to be prepared for the enormity of the job when you decide to run something like this. I just hope that that the problems that have arisen this year don't put Scarlett off running it next year as it seems like a great competition.

An Aussie group have just started one very similar - I have just ordered my kit - so it will be interesting to see how that goes.

Karyn

coolmoon said...

Yes, Karyn, I suppose you're right - a competition this big MUST be a huge undertaking, and since this is the 4th one - I would have hoped some of the kinks would be worked out. That being said, though-I still think Scarlett has done a great job for the most part - and everyone should be a little patient. I know I wouldn't want to be in her shoes - administrator of such a large competition. Heck, I have a hard time just putting together kits and instructions for my classes!
Good luck to both of us! Happy Musing!