Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Etsy Success!

And to think I was ready to dump the whole thing.  Because I wasn't selling BEADS right away - I was having NO success on Etsy, and was ready to call it a day.  Then when the decision was made to close the bead store, all of a sudden I had TONS of beads to part with -and a new life on Etsy was born!  There are secrets behind being a successful seller, let me tell you - and I know I don't know them all.  I still haven't bit the bullet and gotten a banner - still rather confused as to how it works, and frankly - I don't want to spend the money.  Not yet.  And I know that my sales are piddly compared to many - some have had hundreds of sales in just over a year, while I've had not even two dozen - and TODAY marks my 1 year anniversary of Etsy selling.  But I'm getting there.  Now that I'm working from home, I've got a rhythm and a plan - listing everyday, at the same time every day, keeping my name and my product at the top of that big huge heap. And I do mean heap.  I can't believe the sheer number of listings every day.  Outrageous.  As are some of the items listed.  I think some people are 'pushing the envelope' when it comes to vintage and handmade - and I hope Etsy is keeping an eye on it. 
I was very excited when I got up this morning to find a convo regarding one of my JEWELRY pieces.  It will be the first sold on Etsy, and I'm proud that it finally happened.  Maybe that door will stay ajar now, and those sales will throw it wide open!  Guess I should try listing a few of my newest pieces - test that theory a little bit.  Most of my new pieces are destined for the Lansing Art Gallery http://www.lansingartgallery.org/ today, though.  I'm also proud of the amount sales I'm making there, and am glad they've finally resolved their issues with payment for work sold.  Now if only we could resolve the 50/50 commission thing - but that's for another day.  I'm just glad they like me, they really, really like me!   Here's a photo of one of the pieces that will be headed there this afternoon -I'm hoping that with Valentine's Day right around the corner - it too, will be on the SOLD side of the ledger!
This is "Gilded" - I'm addicted to the new "Wild Heart" shape from Swarovski - this is the BIGGEST one.  I've also done several pieces with the smallest ones.    $65.00 at the Gallery Shop....
Bead happy everyone!

No comments: