Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pin me!

My latest idea - pendants on removeable necklace ribbon or cord with a pin back on it - Pin-Dants!  My mom didn't seem real impressed with the idea - we'll see how they do at the Marketplace on Sunday.  I have these made, and am working on one more - A Red Hat themed one, but that one may have to make it's debut at the next Marketplace.
"Shoulda been a Cowgirl"  - hard to see close up, but it's quite western, with little stars and lots of browns and blues...
"Shades of Summer" This one has changed since the photo. 
Mom thought it looked nicer on a turquoise ribbon....


"I Believe I can Fly"....

"Whispering Wind" - don't know why - it just looked windy to me.

This one was the easiest, because I did the Onyx Cab/Pearl focal a couple of years ago to attach to a tatted choker that my sister in law made.  It was recently 'recycled' - and this is what happened to the pendant portion.  "Pearly Girl".

These are really fun to do, without the added hassle of how to finish a strap.  I hope my customers like the concept.

And here's a question for you - how does everyone feel about the whole 'ethics in beading' thing?  I THINK that there is an ArtBeads FB posting regarding a piece that the woman claims is an original design - that came straight out of a mag.  I could be wrong - or SHE could be the designer of the piece in the mag - but I don't think so.  I was just wondering if I should ask the question - or just let it go and let karma run it's course....I think I'm goin' with the karma angle...
Peaceful beading, all - and I sure hope you are not the next recipient of this cold that seems to be literally sweeping the country!  Everyone that attended B&B in Milwaukee seems to have caught something, as well as everyone I seem to run into around here locally.  I got mine from my hubby.  And I didn't get him anything....
TTFN

No comments: