Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

UNfoiled!

I took a chance - and won!  I felt really crappy when I got in the car and drove the few blocks to Catherine's this morning, but figured if I was just riding, and there were other passengers, I could sit quiet, not have to talk much, and just enjoy the day.  Well - I ended up talking (as well as I could, anyway), way more than I planned, and although I did spend some time resting in the van while the others shopped, I felt much, much better before mid-afternoon, and was able to mostly enjoy the day.  I think we all had fun - but I don't like that there are so many of us that we can't all go in one car.  It's hard to talk to everyone, and see what everyone purchases. 
We really squeezed in the bead shops - Munro Crafts, Too Cute Beads (the neatest, tidiest most organized bead store I've ever been in, including my own!), Bead Bohemia (as cool as it's name), and in between an excellent Italian meal, and a funky, boho hippy chic art market called The Rustbelt.  Melanie Brooks of Earthenwood Studios has a very cool booth there full of steampunk, key charms, lots of clay lovelies, and silk ribbons to finish it all.  I'm excited to play with my purchases - I will probably do 'stash' photos from all 4 stores throughout the week - I don't even know which one to start with first!
Wish me luck tomorrow.  The first of 4 Crafters' Marketplace (or Art Markets) at the Central Park Pavilion in Okemos.  I'm as ready as I'll ever be.  Packing the Jeep will be a 3 or 4 trip (tops) thang in the morning - and off I'll go.
Hope I get more sleep tonight.  I'm feeling better, but very tired.  I think Ibuprofen and a dog or two to cuddle is in order....
Peaceful beading,
TTFN

No comments: