Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Another Market, another dollar

Which is to say that's about ALL I made on the market today.  In fact, since I BOUGHT a nice little zippered bag for my tools from the booth next door - I'm probably $5.00 in the hole.  You just never know with these shows from one time to the next who, what and WHY they'll buy. LAST month's market brought in almost $250 in the first hour of the show.  Crazy.  Still got one more OFFICIAL show to do in September, but dang it, I am NOT ready to throw in the towel.  My husband is just adamant that doing any more shows is, in his words "a waste of time - you make no money".  But I won't make any money if I just STOP doing shows altogether either.  I had talked myself out of Haslett, as well as the outdoor day next month at Meridian, but if I can get someone to share their tent space with me - I just may do it to spite him.
I'm trying to have a better outlook about not making any money at shows, which doesn't really help me pay the bills - but I SO love what I do, and I enjoy talking to people about it, even if they don't ultimately end up buying.  I'm not sure I can keep the positive outlook going, but can a complete wash out of a show happen every single time?    I am almost curious enough to try and find out!  I got a lot of compliments on my table display today - and even the bees thought my flowers were real! 


 So here's to a successful show NEXT month!  I may even be able to do TWO!  Take THAT, hubby dear. 
Enjoy whatever life brings you....
Peaceful beading,
TTFN

4 comments:

Robbie said...

Your display table does look quite nice. You do have to go to the shows...some may work out and some may not. But if you stay at home you'll never know. You're not making any money at home so you might as well go out and get your 'wares' out there for folks to see! Good luck!

Spirited Earth said...

a lot of people have spent their money on kids going back to school at the end of august and first of sept..so sometimes that makes a difference in sales. i think,doing more and better shows can give you prespective about displays and your work and on how to get more professional with both..if you never get out there you won't get to see what the public is buying,or get that much needed feedback.

coolmoon said...

Thanks, girls. Doing shows has never been my favorite thing to do, but I AM getting to know many of the vendors that do the same circuit, and am having fun with them if nothing else. I found out today that the outdoor show that I WASN'T going to do will allow us to 'share' tent space - so I may see if one of my show buddies is willing to split space with me under their tent. So two more to go - and then who knows? The holiday season is fast approaching!

Lorelei Eurto said...

Lookin Good!! Thanks for sharing!