Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Serenity Saturday?

Hubby was gone.  Dogs were gone.  It was a nice, quiet afternoon for getting things done. Only problem is - my mojo went with them!  I tried two different projects while they were gone - and neither one would do what I intended, with no help from the pieces themselves for a change.   I did, though, manage to get lots more Etsy photos taken, and the cropping and organizing done.  I think that part takes longer than the listing.  Listing has changed alot in just one year - it's really easy, all on one page now!  And quick links to Facebook AND Pinterest, too.  I think I'm going to like Etsy much better this time around....
And on a non-bead related note -  although I'm not really an Oprah fan, I do like some of her principles and life goals.  One of the things I remember she talked about, and did a segment on during her TV show a few years back was the Vision Board.  I remember doing one of those back when I was first introduced to metaphysics, and although I have no idea what happened to the board I did - I remember it being quite fun, and also thought provoking.  Well, while working at the bookstore yesterday, I came across an article in one of our local new age publications talking about a "Soul Mission Collage", which is virtually the same thing.  So it got me thinking - I think it would be fun to start a 'vision board' group.  The initial meeting would be to receive your board, and talk about the goals and visions that we each might have in mind, and maybe do a meditation.  Then we would go out into the world, do our things that we do, allowing life to flow as it may, adding items to the board along the way, and then meet again a few weeks later, and see what has transpired.  Sort of like my book club - only a board club.  I may put up a flyer about it, and see if anyone is interested.  I just thought it sounds like fun, and like something that might get that positive thought flowing regularly again.
Anyway....nearing the end of the day.  Dinner time.  New recipe night.  Thank you, Pinterest, for "Pizza Casserole".  I'll have to let you know how it turns out....
And last but not least....
I also took the time today to make the submission of my essay to Bead Design Studio.  No turning back now.  Cross your fingers. 
Peaceful beading,
TTFN

No comments: