Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

The usual babble




This week, most of my time has been spent gearing up for the fall/Halloween jewelry selling season.  Which for me, will be just one show this year, unless someone scoops something up off a blog page or Facebook.  I WILL have a few more Halloween themed pieces listed on the MORE jewelry page soon - gimme a day or two - I'll have better photos and details on a few of these - as well as a few more:


The bracelet on the bottom "The Widow's Web" is fun - the spider is removable - making the bracelet less Halloween - and more everyday.  This is all freeform peyote work - with lots of crystal - $80.00.
Much more to come - think I've got some fun earrings on the brain for this afternoon....stay tuned.
Then I've got to start on the HOLIDAY designs - I think there's a few ideas for those floating around in there somewhere, too.  Oh - and the Shiawassee Art Center Holiday at the Center show begins mid-November - so the race is on to get the perfect mix of designs (earrings, rings, a brooch, necklaces, bracelets and last but not least - a bead embroidered button) ready for them in a few weeks too.  SHEW!  Not to mention starting to get the house in show order for the Holt Sampler Craft show in November.  Double shew!
On a more serious note - and the reason for editing the blog - you will notice that the link to Smittendust Studio no longer exists.  While it's a nice place to play, the owner's vision is in a much more altered art direction than my current style allows.  So we've come to a parting of the ways.  Dimondale's not always an easy little village for these kinds of endeavors, so I wish them luck.  Sad that I now have no current venue other than my HOME to teach in, which is ALWAYS a possibility.  And if I could just get rid of the big unused couch in the front room - I could have PERMANENT classroom space!  May have to give Craig's List another go....

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!  I hope to have photos soon of my adventure tomorrow - off to Frankenmuth's Bead Haven to take a fun class that involves seed beads, crystal rivolis, and a leather bracelet base.  FUN!  There are 2 cars worth of fun beady women making the trip - so I hope to have a fun tale to tell.
Peaceful beading,
TTFN

1 comment:

Clasi Berlin said...

Hello mate greeat blog post