Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Three's a Charm and Bling for your Arm!

What a fun day yesterday in Frankenmuth and at Bead Haven.



I've always wanted to take one of their unique classes - usually involving seed beads somehow (of course), and always sparkly.  There were 6 of us on this trip - 5 of us in the class, and 1 that came along for the ride, shopped and enjoyed her own project while we worked.
Say hello to the girls of WWB (Women Who Bead) - (from left to right) Judy 1, Elizabeth, Judy 2, and Catherine



Here's Judy 3 - hanging out and watching over all.  (And just in case you're wondering - YES, there is a Judy 4 - she couldn't join us this time!)
There were 14 of us in the class altogether (couldn't get them all in the photos!), so after a whirlwind session of choosing our colors and getting our supplies (keeping those staff members on their toes!), we sat down to begin:
My colors - black and a soft teal-y green.  I used the color Celadon for my Rivoli.  (NOTE TO ELIZABETH- NOT RAVIOLI!  LOL!)

Catherine's colors - purples - also on the black base.
 Judy 1 chose black, silver and hematite.

Judy 2 a more metalllic version of the teals, with a bluish/metallic base.

 Elizabeth chose blues - on a blue base.
 After about an hour (and a start over, darn peyote step up) - I've got ONE done!

All the girls at our table, hard at work (there's our fearless leader, Tricia from Bead Haven, standing back by the door, answering questions and patiently helping each of us with our various boo-boos)


Wow girls.  Just look at that concentration!


Second one went a bit faster than the first....
 And MY final result!  The "Three's a Charm" bracelet with licorice leather band.  The clasp was a little tricky - you have to work and trim the leather to make it fit, and then GLUE it on.  My brain is already working to come up with a different solution to that one - but it didn't keep me from buying a SECOND one, which I purchased golden hues for....

 And don't worry - we arrived in plenty of time for me to come back with quite the haul:  LOOKIE MARCIA!  I finally found a copy of your new book!

I wish I had photos of the other girls bracelets, but I think Judy 1 was the only one that actually finished hers during class time.  We'll probably all be wearing them at our next meeting, so maybe I'll remember to get a group shot!  
All in all it was a fun day, and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely.  THANKS to Tricia, and Jason and the rest of the staff at Bead Haven for your patience with all of us pushy broads.  That store was quite busy yesterday due to other events happening in the Frankenmuth area, and you took care of all of us.
It's just one reason why we keep taking that hour plus road trip to return again and again!
Off to enjoy my new pretties.  It's gonna rain all day today.  Darn.  Guess I'll just have to bead.
Peaceful beading, TTFN






No comments: