Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Don't worry....BEE happy


Now that I'm done with my ZNet designs, and patiently (well, ok, IMPATIENTLY) waiting for Hope to complete the Creative Spark issue and REVEAL, I was able to complete one of the pieces I started just before receiving all those lovely ZNet beads...

This is The Queen Bee.  I had no idea when I started this piece during a bead group fun day, that it would BEE this:

 As I was completing the beaded bail (a bone rice oval covered in embellished RAW) I remember thinking that it sort of looked like a honeycomb.....and the QUEEN was born.  I actually had some little pewter bees in stock, and JUST got those pretty orange lucite flowers on my girls day out trip on Saturday.  Add a few more leaves, and a citrine flower that didn't make it to Etsy listing (oops) and I think she's kinda pretty.
I don't know where she's bound yet - Etsy, Shiawassee gallery or shows.... one of my FB friends pointed out that she is very WARM looking - works for me!

And in case you are wondering - I haven't forgotten about the give away I promised.  I've decided that the JEWELRY portion of the give away is going to be a pair of the ZNet Challenge earrings I just made.  So I have to wait for the reveal to show them to you.  The bead portion (remember - the winner will get to choose which they want-the jewelry or the beads) will be a mix of a little bit of everything - and probably way bigger than I plan when I start - that's just how I roll!  LOL!  So keep checking back - I'm hoping the reveal will be before mid month - so let's make it in honor of SPRING.... which I'm not sure is ever going to get here.   I am dreaming of THIS:



And instead we're getting this - with just a bit of sun thrown in to tease us:



(all nature images courtesy of Google Images)

WARM & peaceful beading,
TTFN






No comments: