Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

27 years....and counting

May 15, 1982.....
Many people are amazed when they find out that my husband and I have been married for 27 years. They wonder how we did it. We tease, and laugh, and come up with funny comebacks, but for us - laughing together, and being each others best friend has been the key. We share everything, and always ask each other about our days. There may not be much to comment on - but just having that rock, that anchor to either vent to or celebrate with makes the day complete. He is a graveyard shift worker, as well as having a daytime gig too - so we also make the most of our time together. The only time we really see each other every day is for a few hours in the morning, and during the dinner hour at night. Our morning breakfasts and TV time together are an important part of our day - and I don't like when for whatever reason, we have to miss them. The same with dinner. I plan menus that I know he'll love, that I can prepare for him so that our time is spent in enjoyment of the food, and being together before the evening job. We've had a few bumps, like most couples do, and he drives me crazy when he falls asleep during morning conversations! - but I count my blessing everyday that we have what we have TOGETHER. Thanks, Hunny & Here's to 27 more.....

4 comments:

Rosanne said...

Congratulations on our 27 years!
My husband and I celebrate 28 (plus 5)years together this mnonth too. Geary's my best friend and protector and I wouldn't trade him for anything!

Rosanne said...

I meant to say your 27 years...lol!
I'm supposed to be working, but I'm not and my fingers are all over the keyboard.

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

How wonderful that you share laughter together!

Lisa Crone said...

Aw, that's so nice, congratulations!