Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Gallery Time - and some new photos!


As you can see, I've posted a couple more photos -
the first one is the blue and brown pearl piece I blogged about in an earlier post. I finished it yesterday. The name of the piece is "Rejoyce". The focal pendant was purchased from a fellow up and coming bead artist named JOYCE, who has a 'secret' source for some wonderful semi precious and sterling pendants. Every once in awhile, she'll decide to part with some of her stash - and this is ONE of the three pendants that I snatched up in her moment of insanity! It's Chalcedony, Blue Topaz and Sterling. I've accented it with Aquamarine, beige Pearls, Blue Topaz chips, and some 'pops' of bright blue glass bicones. I know she'll love what I did with the pendant. Thanks, Joyce, for giving me a chance to "RE-JOYCE"!
The second one is a much simpler piece than I usually do - but that giant, chunky COOL pendant really speaks for itself - a couple simple strands of seed beads and one strand of accent CZ glass and shell was all it needed. And of couse, my signature 'fringe' just to fancy up the top of the pendant. I really don't DO simple much anymore! This piece goes great with both of my favorite summer colors - lime green and of course - PURPLE!
I will be starting a new project today. I have 4 boxes of possibilities to choose from....
My month at the Art Gallery is coming to a close. I just took my mom for a visit last week so that she could see it, and was a bit dismayed to see that the 3 items that sold on the day of the Open House are STILL the only 3 items sold. I was hoping for a bit more than that. I guess I can hope that everyone was waiting until the last minute? The last day is Tuesday..... Now my task is making room and rearranging my little shop space at The Schoolhouse to make room for my designs. I have gained another space across the aisle that will be lit and serve as my 'gallery'. I've also got another storage piece -with drawers, cabinet and SHELF space on layaway that will be perfect to display on. Now I just have to make ROOM. I love that I've tripled in size in the last 3 years - but yikes! More space=shelling out more $$$!
To all of my fellow following bloggers that are going to Bead & Button - safe trip, and much success - both in teaching and while PURCHASING those wonderful round hole-y things that we have all become addicted to. :[)

No comments: