Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Bohemian Butterfly



As promised - a photo of "Bohemian Butterfly". And once again - another piece that I have fallen in love with and can't part with. I need to learn how to do what Marcia and many of the other great bead ladies do - and make kits to share with all. My pieces are just so unique in their creation, I never know what I'll use IN them let alone how they will turn out. Not sure if I could ever find another slice of Kyanite quite like the one I used in the focal. MANY of my large semi precious focal pieces were acquired during my 6 years as manager and buyer for a metaphysical book and gift store. And they are what truly make my pieces "one of a kind".
Well, the big day is finally over - the Open House for my month long gallery exhibit and sale was yesterday. Man, I hate speaking in public. Everyone says I did ok - but anything that I thought I might say when I was stressing about it before hand went right out of my head the minute she put that microphone in my hand. Not sure how I did it all the way through drama and music in school. It was a smallish turnout - with a few people not showing up that were definite yeses - and a few people showing up that were definite surprises. Everyone, though, was pleasantly surprised about the Gallery. Not sure they knew what to expect. But it's a very nice place, that draws a lot of nice people, in a college town with a middle to high class spending ratio.
All in all - whew. Glad it's done. Glad everyone was happy and ate all the food....
Currently working on Bleeding Heart necklace. Should have that finished sometime this week, but I'll have to stop for a day or so and quick make up some Mother's Day gifts for the moms! If I don't get my mom's in the mail by Wednesday - it'll never get to Florida by Saturday!
Beautiful day here in beadland - so as soon as I'm done whipping up a batch of No Bake cookies, I'm off to pull the weeds in my fairy garden....
TTFN.

3 comments:

Lisa Crone said...

Hi there! I love your bohemian butterfly!! Great name too! I'm impressed that you made it through the public speaking part of your show. That's not the easiest thing to do especially if you have your art displayed. Nothing like baring your soul to a room full of people! Great job!! Are you going to post any pictures from your event? Take care, Lisa C. www.abeadaday.blogspot.com

Lisa Crone said...

Hello again! Lisa C. here. I meant to ask if you had a link to your bead shop. Thanks and have a nice evening!

coolmoon said...

Hi Lisa - I don't have a website currently - but you CAN go to the Little Red Schoolhouse site and see SOME photos of an earlier incarnation of it. Since I don't really sell from my site - it seemed silly to be paying over $100a year for a place to list classes. I'm considering getting a Yahoo freebie site - besides having Facebook and my blog. The Schoolhouse site is http://www.LRSHlansing.com
I am hoping to post some open house photos - but haven't heard from the professional photographer/sister in law yet. Guess I better give her a shout....
Check back soon...