Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Garden Photos





It was a nice surprise to see my fellow blogger Beverly's post this morning, because she, too, chose lilacs for her photos. (Although hers are much more professional). In my morning walk around my yard I found my lilac bush to be bearing this beautiful "magestic" grouping of lilacs - all up at the very top of the bush. Guess we'll have to try some serious pruning again this year....
And then there are my fabulous bleeding hearts. The first photo of the them is from a month ago. The bottom one - today. Full bloom. Absolutely gorgeous. They are by far my favorite perennial, and I have two different colors and varieties about my yard. Can't wait for all the rest of my flowers to join in. Every day I discover new sprouts and buds here and there. Let's hope they all help "sprout and bud" beading ideas. In putting on this Art Gallery show this month, I came to realize that much of my beadwork does incorporate flower and garden themes - and in fact I devoted an entire showcase JUST to my floral pieces. And I notice as I'm "surfing" the wonderful websites of all my fellow bead artists - so do many others. So here's a question for my fellow beading bloggers - why is that? Why do we seem to "incorporate" the two into one medium when creating our pieces?
Just some more of my Monday Morning Musings.....










1 comment:

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Love your lilacs and bleeding hearts!

I have to tell you, it took forever to get a good pic of my lilacs and the color never came out true...