Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

A fairy tale

I think I have a plan for at least one of those floating head pieces I posted a few days ago....Since we're getting close to spring, and with April showers come May flowers, I'm thinking a spring 'fairy of the rain drops' kind of thing. I've attached the face to a piece of Lacy's Stiff Stuff, part of it a bit loose, so that I can 'lift' it away from the back and build the beads up a bit under that side - sort of a 3D affect.  She will have hair, and more importantly - WINGS.  Choosing colors was the hardest part so far (since I've barely started), but I think I'm going with teal, copper, bronze and a cool color of seed beads called "Rain".   I really do have sooooo many other UFO's that I should do first, but I'm afraid if I don't start her soon she won't be done in time be considered a spring rain fairy, instead just hanging out in a box waiting to be heard.
So with the exception of the custom bracelet order and finishing up my class instruction and stuff for next Saturday (3 students WHAAAHOOOO!), and Etsy listings, of course - she may just become my priority for the next little while (like I need another priority!).  I have a really cool book that was published by Rita Sova a few years back with nice wing patterns in it, so that will be the starting point.  I hope.  I'm still debating on whether or not to make it a large breast plate type necklace, or a smaller pendant AND pin combo.  She will probably tell me herself once I get started on the embroidery.  I didn't really attach her to a very large piece of Stiff Stuff, but I've been known to attach pieces together before, so who knows?
Bead happy, everyone - may all your bead dreams come true....and I only speak of dreams because that's what I really should be doing right now instead of blogging.  Especially since we just lost that extra hour.  Can you say Sunday afternoon NAP?   I knew that you could!
TTFN

No comments: