Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Flickring

As I strolled through my favorites list of blogs in the wee hours again this morning, I came across what I hope will be a fun group over on Flickr called Bead Table Wednesday.  So I joined.  I hope.  I have a hard time maintaining that kind of stuff - but it looks like a good way to get more exposure out there - so I'm going to give it a whirl.  And since it IS Wednesday, as soon as it's light enough outside to get that photo - I'll be posting my Bead Table Wednesday photos.  Not much on it right now - it's all in my travel bag from yesterday.  But I hope to have a few hours of bead time today (maybe get that spring fairy started) so I'll be getting it all back out of the bag - and the table will runneth over....
Speaking of yesterday - a few delightful surprises in store at the store!  Connie presented me with a commission check for not one - but TWO pieces sold in just the last week.  YAY!  AND....I now have FOUR students signed up for my Saturday stringing class.  FOUR.  Count them - FOUR.  I know that seems a measley amount to many of you who teach classes of 20 or more at a time - but for me, four is huge.  Especially lately.   I've taught larger groups before, when working through other bead shops, but not in a long time.  If you can't tell...I'm SOOOOOO happy.  I just hope I live up to my own hype! LOL It's been awhile since I've taught, but as I commented to fellow beading blogger Lorelei just yesterday - when I teach, it's more like a big beading party.  I share techniques and know how, provide hand outs and instruction, but we have fun and laugh at the same time.  It's a great gig if you can get it - and since I'm planning to offer classes once a month, I'm hoping it's a regular gig with LOTS of students.  The classroom holds about 15 people around the tables (we can get that many in Thursday morning prosperity group if we squeeze)  -  but for a beading group - that's probably too many all at once.  Wouldn't THAT be great.  I'd have to offer TWO sessions.  I'm putting that thought out there for the Universe right now....15 people.  Now THAT'S a gig!
Tune in later for the link to my Bead Table Wednesday group blog....
TTFN

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your sales and your class of FOUR!! Hope you have more students by class time!