Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Unexpected surprises

This is why occasional organization and cleaning of the studio space is a good thing.  The beginnings of this piece were put together almost immediately upon receiving the beautiful flat matte rock from a friend that had recently found it on the Maine shoreline.  I had those great matte black and white agate, and thought they'd go great together.  Into the 'not quite ready for bead time' drawer they went.  And were finally salvaged on Saturday.  Along with a plan - finally.  So out it stayed and I began working on it immediately.  THIS is Harlequin:

I hadn't planned to make it quite so detailed - sometimes black and white deserves a simple design.  But general consensus when posting the preview on Facebook was to - and I quote Dot Lewallen: "Fringe and more fringe".  Even my mother agreed.  So fringe I did.  And I'm glad.
I also just received word from my friend in New York state for whom I made the wonderful "Jewels of the Nile" necklace, bracelet and earrings.  She's coming into to town this weekend, and will plan to retrieve her lovely jewels then.  YAY!  I'll hate to see it go, but can't wait for her to wear it, and I hope she truly enjoys them.  I'll always have Holly's beautiful photos to remind me of it too:
Another free day tomorrow before continuing my busy week, ending with a fun birthday party for my 9 and 7 year old great-nieces - I'm planning to create little beading monsters by gifting them with bead boards, tools and fun colorful beads!  More competition in the family!  lol!
Peaceful beading,
TTFN

No comments: