Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Craft and Art Fairs - a thing of the past?

I'm beginning to wonder if because of the wonder that is the internet, and sites like Etsy, and Luula, and ArtFire, etc., that people just don't attend craft and art fairs anymore.  Our 'event' was to take place from 11am to 4pm yesterday.  Even the sign on the corner said so.  At noon, we were all still twiddlin' our thumbs, and scratching our heads.  At the end of the long, slow, day - most of us didn't make enough to choose from the dollar menu at the Mickey D's drive thru!  But at least we were all in it together.....
I managed to FINISH "Learning to Fly" - and have an idea for a project or two that came from fellow artists and participants.  At least the day wasn't a total bust....


The peacocks really stood out, and were commented on by the few customers we DID have.
Sadly - no purchases - peacocks, or otherwise.....


Another reason I like this market:
I can park my car RIGHT HERE!

I thought my table looked pretty darn good. 
Better luck next month....

After just a few errands for some bead shipping, and boring things like picking up milk, and getting gas - I believe I shall have a few free hours to bead today.  Hm.  So many projects....
which drawer shall I pick?   It's almost as fun as choosing a door on Let's Make a Deal!
Peaceful beading,
TTFN

No comments: