Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Learning to Fly

Every time I think of the name of this piece, I'm hearing Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers in my head. ;0<>  This is what has been "born" so far from the box as you see it below.  As usual - I think I have way more pieces and parts than I will actually use, and ended up digging for the carnelian rounds instead of using the autumn jasper that I originally pulled out.  I also don't think I'll use the silver wing 'cut out' piece in this.  I am liking it just the way it is.  One more round around the outside and that may do it. I'll be making the bail and putting the backing on the top piece of jasper while at the bookstore today.  Don't want to overdo - that wing is just too beautiful not to speak for itself. 

I haven't decided yet what to do with the small ones for the earrings - back them and mimic the big one? or let them stand alone.  Guess you'll just have to wait and see!
If you stopped by to enter the give away - see the next blog down - and hurry!  Entry deadline is tomorrow morning - I'll probably put all those names in a hat tomorrow evening.  Wishing everyone good luck......and peaceful beading,
TTFN

No comments: