Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

"Spend it Wisely"

Normally on a Saturday, my husband and I would be finding something to do together, even if it is just house and yard work most of the time.  But he's on extra hours this week - so off he went to work - on a Saturday afternoon.  Whatever was I to do? Could have beaded.  Could have read-ed (sorry-couldn't resist).  I'm sure the dogs would have loved to have me spend the time here with them.  BUT - "spend it wisely" said the man handing over the $20 bill.

So......it took me until he was at the end of the driveway to decide what I was going to do with it.  I treated myself to a movie - a matinee, popcorn and a LARGE SODA (we NEVER drink soda) all to myself.  My movie choice - "Hope Springs" - Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones.  Definite chick flick.  ADULT chick flick.  Hubby would have hated it if I ever could have talked him into it in the first place.  But really - it was another one of those movies that they hawk as funny - which really wasn't so much.  There were a few chuckle moments - and many times I was shaking my head in agreement of the situation they were troubling over (gee - you mean I'm not the only one that feels that way?  They actually put that thought in a MOVIE?).  I'm glad I only paid 7 bucks - but still find that TEN DOLLARS for a MEDIUM popcorn and a pop is an outrageous rip off!  Movie theaters should hang their film strips in shame!
So now I have just shy of 3 more hours to kill before hubby gets home to finally enjoy his weekend - and then it's back to overtime hours again next week.  Not complaining - we REALLY REALLY need to $$$ - but I do like spending SOME time with him.  Normally we spend a few hours together in the morning and early afternoon - but when he doesn't arrive home until 2 am - and then doesn't wind down and come to bed until after 4, which has him sleeping until after 10....well, you get the picture. 
Our outing to the lake on a trail walk earlier this week....before the hectic work week began....
Hope your holiday weekend is special.  Fill it with fun, family, and wonderful memories....
Peaceful beading,
TTFN


1 comment:

Jay-nas Jems said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time. we all need down time to ourselves. That's was keeps our sanity in tacked. But, I am with you on the Popcorn & soda. I think that's highway robbery. Oh well, if it's once in a while, I say, go for it. Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend.