Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Beadless post

More of a vent or a rant, and definitely nothing to do with beads.  As I mentioned in my previous post, we found out early in the week that my husbands aunt, his mom's sister, has cancer.  We found out today that it is stage 4 lymphatic and lung cancer - probably untreatable.  The next doctor (or the one after that, or the one after that) will be giving her that information.  From the get go, Aunt Nancy was adamant that no matter what, she would just keep doing what she's doing - no surgery, radiation, chemo, treatment whatsoever.  Frankly - it's the same way I feel.  I would do the same.  IF I were ever to know.  Because that's where my rant comes in - not only does Nancy know, but it seems like EVERYBODY and their brother now knows, and is convincing her that it's the most dire of circumstances, and either calling her to do the 'Oh, boo hoo, poor Nancy" bit, or PREACHING.  For gosh sakes, people.  She's not in pain, she's not immobile.  She'd be better off NOT knowing, as far as I'm concerned. There is much to be said (and studies written) on the power of the mind and disease.  Many of the relatives are not happy with me and my attitude.  They think I am uncaring or unfeeling.  Not true.  It is sobering to know that someone I care about is in this situation, and there isn't anything that I can do to fix it. And yeah - I'm uncomfortable about what to say.  Kind of seems silly to say, Hey, how ya doin', Nancy?   But constantly calling her and crying about it, obsessing about it, is not doing anything for her state of mind.  NOW she's decided she thinks she wants to do all the radiation and chemo, at 75 years old (if in fact it can be done).  And if she decides to do that, we will support her.  But we don't plan to be a part of the decision, which is what everyone else seems to be doing with the phone calls. I do NOT want to be a part of helping her make a decision that could ultimately alter or change her life, and then be one who is blamed for a less than positive outcome.  SHE has to make the decision on her own.   Her son, who I am not a fan of, has finally decided to join the ranks of reality and accompany her to her doctor visits.  And as much as I am NOT a Nick fan - his feelings about this are much like my husbands and mine - once he realized that it was a reality, he's pushing alternative medicine, alternative energies, organic food, and POSITIVE thought.  It will go a long way - even if it's just for her state of mind.  I plan to do some Reiki healing,  IF she will allow it.  But if not - I won't continue to force the issue, unlike those that have been calling to preach, and preach and preach.  Give it a rest already. 
So thanks for giving me my space to vent today.  The beads will be back soon.   I'm going to start another cab project soon - when I'm not working at Coyote or in the yard.  One little teaser - IT'S PURPLE!
Peaceful, HEALTHFUL beading everyone. 
TTFN

No comments: