Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Whew. It's still here



So sorry it's been awhile since I've blogged.  With the spring has come much more NON-bead and blog activity - getting the garden and yard made beautiful, enjoying family on the west side of the state, and actually - reading.  reading.  and more reading.  I've been to the library countless times in the last month - it's nice to sit on the deck and enjoy the day with a book.  Now I just have to finish planting the flowers....


 I've also been busy creating more of those Enlightened Denim jewelry pieces.  THIS particular bracelet ended up going to a very dear friend - it is perfect for her.  I wanted to work with a zipper - I've been seeing many different designers using them lately, but I didn't want to do what everyone else was doing.  THIS was the first, using a brand NEW zipper, and then attaching it to a denim section.

I then decided to create another one for the show circuit - only this time using a zipper from one of the pair of blue jeans being 'enlightened'.  MUCH harder to work with, and I don't think it laid as smoothly on the denim section, either.  The zipper end itself was also smaller, so couldn't be used as the clasp 'loop' as the first one was.  I will probably go back to using brand new zippers if I do many more of these.  They are KILLER on the fingers, though.... so less may be more!  LOL!


We also spent a part of our time recently with members of my husbands family at a memorial event for a fallen police officer that was a member of their MOTORCYCLE CLUB.   Sons of Malta.  Located in the Plainwell/Allegan, Michigan area - they are a HUGE organized deal, with many firefighters, police and public safety officers as members.  This was also a benefit for our step-great nephew, who has struggled with cancer on and off in his life since he was small.  He's now 21.  And currently DONE with cancer.  He has started his own charity called DCStrong (look for them on Facebook) that makes sure kids with cancer get great things.

This is just a small section of the almost 300 bikes that rode in the EZMemorial Ride in Southwest Michigan on Saturday.  The 'biker' with the pink bandanna and killer boots right there in front is our niece - Sara!  You go, girl!

And last but not least - I got word from Fire Mountain Gems today that my finalist piece "Mariposa" (over there on the left) has been chosen to grace the back of the next issue of BEAD magazine - the special WEDDING issue.  Even though they're sending me a copy, I will definitely be scouring the bookstores soon looking for another copy!  yay!

Will be back soon with more info for you about our great summer ZNETSHOWS challenge.  My pieces are finished - I can't wait for you to see them.  You'll definitely want to stay tuned, because ONE of the pieces is changeable - with ONE part of it being shown in their E-magazine reveal, and the other part HERE on the blog!
SO FUN!  Thanks again, ZNETSHOWS!  You rock!

Peaceful beading, and READING,
TTFN






No comments: