Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Great recipe ( I'm BAAAACK!)

I didn't realize how much I missed blogging.  Still need to address the laptop issues, so may not be able to blog as often unless I can kick hubby out of the office, but I will blog as I can... 
I want to share a recipe that many of my friends enjoy, simply because it contains NO FLOUR or WHITE sugar.  Gluten sensitive people can eat these!  YUM!  They're pretty simple to make - and very, very tasty....
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
1 Cup Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy) I use crunchy
1 Cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 Cup Semi sweet chocolate morsels (I've also used WHITE chocolate ones)  I've also had a friend that makes these say that she leaves OUT the chocolate entirely, and they come out fine.  I however, gotta have the chocolate....
This makes about 3 dozen.  I sometimes double it for larger groups.
Preheat oven to 350.  Mix peanut butter, brown sugar, baking soda and beaten egg in medium bowl.  Stir in morsels.  Drop by rounded but not huge teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.  Remove from oven and allow to sit ON COOKIE SHEET for 5 minutes.  THIS STEP is IMPORTANT or the cookies will crumble.  After 5 minutes, remove to complete cooling.  Store in airtight container.
Hints:  Bake just one sheet at a time; keep the spoonfuls of dough small - big gobs tend to be too gooey in the center. 
ENJOY!  I know I do!
Hope to see you on the blogs again soon.  I'm busy beading for TWO more shows coming up - The Art Market - the last of four shows is in two weeks. The last two went much better than the first, where, as you may recall, I made $0.  I am also participating in one of the largest indoor holiday season shows - Haslett High School - in October.  This one's HUGE.  People come from miles around - so my beady brain is working fast and furious at ideas for fun, unique and AFFORDABLE designs.  My fingers can barely keep up!
Wish me luck!
TTFN

No comments: