Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

What a day!

Who knew that a little "Square" attachment that fits on your smart phone could make a WORLD of difference to your jewelry sales?   If you aren't already using a mobile credit card device, such as Square - DO IT!  You won't be sorry.  Unless of course - you try to go with ANOTHER service, that ultimately never sends you the little attachment in time for your show.  THAT could be a problem.  Lucky for ME I have great friends.  I simply signed up for SQUARE like I should have the first time - and borrowed a friends reader for the day.   Voila!    She will be getting a HUGE discount (she's having a special private shopping day of her own today!)

So here's what my Bead! Celebration looked like - for the most part.  I did sell both beads, and jewelry - funny thing - MOST of the jewelry I sold were pieces that had been listed in the Etsy shop.  It's currently in vacation mode - but I will be closing it shortly.  I have a new plan.....but I digress.   So much fun with the girls yesterday:




This is just ONE of the rooms.  I'll have to show you the 'bead room' photos later. (can't find 'em!)    It was a fun day - not a huge lots of customers, but just enough to make it fun and profitable!  Got to visit with old friends, new friends, and family from afar-ish.  :)  FUN!

Now, about that 'new plan' - if you are a jewelry seller, you may want to take the time to check out the Facebook group/selling site Alabama General Store.  It started out JUST for southern artists - but has grown into a HUGE site for artists of all types from all over.  I'm hearing and seeing good things - and I'm going to open a store of my own in the next week or two.  All you need is product (of course), and a Paypal account.  It seems pretty simple, and Lynda - one of the directors - is very prompt about answering questions.   Wish me luck!

Hope your weekend was filled with fun and abundance too!  OH - and speaking of abundance - another weekend surprise - I received a HUGE savings certificate for ZNETSHOWS merchandise just for being on their design team.  As if FREE beads every quarter wasn't enough! What a fun way to get 'paid'! BEADS!  Just placed a huge order and can't wait for it to arrive.  Along with TWO credit card service readers.  I wonder which will come first?

If you can't tell - HUGE was the word of the weekend!   In a good way!
Peaceful beading,
TTFN

No comments: