Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Throwback Thursday

If you're a Facebook fanatic, your friends are probably all doing this thing called "Throwback Thursday".  They post old photos of themselves from way back when, just for the heck of it.

I have never really felt the urge to do this, and here's why:

It has taken me a long time to get to know, get to love, and get comfortable in the skin I'm in now.  I know more, love more, feel more, and LIVE more now than I did back in the day (many of which I don't remember if that tells you anything).  If you have only recently made my acquaintance - then you may not know I was THIN.  Really THIN.  Like size 5 to 7 thin.  And now I'm NOT.  THIN.  For the most part - I'm ok with it.  It surprises me still those who are NOT.  

So I've decided that what you see NOW is what you get.  The person I am NOW is who I am.  Not the Throwback Thursday version.  The version everyone would look at and wonder what happened.


 LIFE.  LOVE.  And living. 

So here's me as I AM NOW -
Grand Haven boardwalk and lighthouse August 2014.

From about 10 years ago, one of my favorite "oldies" - and as far THROWN BACK as I'm going to get.  Older.  Wiser.  Bigger.  Better. 

I'm more creative.  More abundant.  More caring, careful and carefree.


I never even thought about a creative 'career' - a  beading 'career' - back then either.  I was a wife, a worker.  A clerk.  A customer service robot.  Meeting the people from and learning and LIVING the ways of the Mountain, and Coyote Wisdom and all the rest helped me re-create my life.
I love what I do now.  Wouldn't change it for anything.  I never would have dreamed of gaining respect and having my work appear in magazines; but it has.  I never even thought about winning awards for my work.  But I do.  The person I am NOW has achieved all these things.
Could a thinner person be and do that?  Maybe.  Probably.  But I'm having too much fun to try and find out.

SO THIS IS ME.
Peaceful beading.
TTFN



No comments: