Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New year! New Opportunities! NEW FUN!


So excited to finally put this one OUT THERE!  A new friend put the thought in my head back before Christmas - and I've been mulling it and making it work in my sometimes stuffed up head ever since.  But here it is.  THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!    

A NEW Cool Moon ongoing event geared just for you!: Beginning March 5th, FIRST Thursday bead class and play night. 3pm to 8pm, classes begin at 3, but playtime- bringing beads and snacks and hanging out - can be anytime between 3 and 8! First class: Bead Embroidery Basics- flattering that flatback. Message me if you're interested and we'll talk about the details like cost and supplies....

I am also venturing into new territory SHOW wise this year - OUT OF TOWN events.  Because I am lucky to have such great friends and family - I'm able to share and/or borrow vehicle space to get where I'm going.  I HOPE that the first show of the season is going to be in Saline, Michigan - down by Ann Arbor.  It will be an over-nighter - show starts at 8AM! Not sure how much profit can be made from having to shell out for food, gas and lodging - but since this is considered THE NUMBER ONE show in the state by major craft show organizers - it may open a few new doors.  That makes it worth it right there.  And another first for this particular show (although it IS only a few months away - MARCH!)  ALL DENIM.


Going to create an entire inventory of earrings, bracelets and few other fun and unique things too, all with my "Enlightened Denim".  If it turns out to be a success - you may soon see a SALE on many of the NON-DENIM pieces.  I do still love them though - so I don't plan to give them up entirely....and believe it or not, there are a few of my customers that just don't dig the denim.... I KNOW!  


It makes me want to scream.  And speaking of screaming (I love a good segue)...

The February/March 2015 BEADWORK magazine holds something very special for me this issue!    I'm a CHALLENGE participant!  Beadwork chooses winners from email inquiries; a certain number of participants each issue, along with a member of their staff.  We get FREEEEEBIIIIIEEEEEES!  from a fun, unique bead source, that we can use as much or as little of as we wish - and KEEP the rest!  MINE WAS AWESOME!  From Aria Designs/Lisa Kan - and included a beautiful length of Shibori ribbon. 
I really need to inquire about when we might be getting our pieces back; because THIS ONE IS MINE! and I want to WEAR IT!

So I hope you've received your issue already - if not - RUN! don't walk :)  - to your nearest LBS and GET ONE!  Cuz I'M IN THERE!

And last but oh so not least - I really really love The Shiawassee Art Center in Owosso.
They are a great bunch of people, and have a beautiful facility (which I've blogged of in the past).  So why am I blogging about them again today you might ask?
Only because I GOT A HUGE WHOPPING CHECK in the mail today for work sold over the holidays!  FOUR items!  Doesn't sound like a lot (I have over 20 in their inventory), but according to them - it's huge.  I'm popular.  And they like me.  They really, really like me.


So there you have it.  My first week of 2015 is spent coughing, hacking, wheezing and BREEZING through lots of cool ideas and bead projects.  Just wait til you see what the rest of the year is going to bring.  I know I can't!  

Peaceful beading,
TTFN






No comments: