Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Bleeding Hearts


Here is the finished "Bleeding Heart" necklace. The color combo ended up being just a bit more subtle than I first planned - just didn't have the brighter color beads in stock - and since it wanted out of my head - this is what transpired. It was also a "recycled" piece from a vintage elastic bracelet found at a yard sale - I used 1 of 4 Rhodonite focal hearts, and also the bronze pearls, and carnelian and aventurine chips from the bracelet. I LOVE doing embellished spiral rope, so there was really no question that the necklace would be just that. The focal is wire wrapped - but then embellished - not at all the way I first envisioned it. All in all - a beautiful piece, and I do like the way it turned out. This one, however - I WILL part with. It will be for sale in the shop after I show it off to all the girls in bead group on Monday night....
Off to make lasagna to take to my mother in law for Mother's Day dinner. It is near impossible to get restaurant seating in this town on Mother's Day. My lasagna is her favorite anyway - but my house is a disaster at the moment - so make it and take it. That's the plan.
I took many garden photos today too - my perennials are coming up wonderfully. I will blog them later
TTFN

No comments: