Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

The surprise and sadness of loss

I just learned today of the passing of the husband of my best friend from high school.  I am stunned.    In school, our lockers were side by side, and we became inseparable.  We even shared apartments for a few years after graduation.  I was with her when she met Brad, when he was hired on in her fathers construction company.   I was in their wedding. I was the first person to hold their first child. We were very close for many years.  But alas, although it seemed we had the same goals and dreams at that time in our lives - we'd grown apart in the last 10 years or so.   I am devastated for her, and will try to get in touch with her in the next few days.  What do you say to someone who has lost their mate?  They married around the same time I did - so were married 30 years as well, and had 4 children.   My heart just aches for her.    So sad.  I know not the reason for his passing, but know there must have been a reason for the timing - in metaphysics, it is said that we all 'write' our entire life, our entire history, including our deaths, before we even come into the world.  I find it hard to grasp that concept most of the time - the horrible things that are happening in the world today could not possibly be planned by anyone.  More discussion and study is needed to understand this, I think.  So Bradley, wherever you are, you were a faithful devoted husband to my friend, and I thank you for it. 

RIP Bradley Monroe - 1957-2012

No comments: