Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

The Key to fun!

Saturday’s “Unlock you Passion” key pendant class at SmittenDust was a rousing success!  AND FUN!  I just love teaching so much that it isn’t even like work!  And I meet so many excited beaders that are happy to be learning something new.  AND even more rewarding – everyone understood my direction, and was able to complete the ENTIRE project in the class!  YAY!  Hillary (shown below) and Jane (our birthday girl) came all the way from Kalamazoo to be with us.  Even Sue, who is actually a quilter, not a beader, created her whole piece and LOVED it! 

002003This one was mine….

This one was Jane’s – it was her birthday, and she chose to spend it with us!

004

005And this one was Sue’s.  Simply beautiful….

Everyone was so excited about this project, that they ALL are hoping to sign up for the next class – the FRINGE IT! Bracelet.  This will be a fun class too – teaching TWO beading techniques in one class – basic stringing, and fringe.  This class will be held at SmittenDust Studio in Dimondale on Saturday, July 20th from 10am to 4pm – and there will even be a nice lunch included!  Head to the SmittenDust blog to register with PayPal!


 

Sky Blue Fringe Bracelet

The blue & white one (above) is currently for sale at Absolute Gallery in Old Town, Lansing….Red white baby blue bracelet

The red, white and blue one sold a few years ago; and the pink and red one (my personal favorite) is currently on display as the sample at Smittendust!Red Pink Fringe Bracelet

I’ve also been doing quite a bit of crocheting, as well as kit prep, and trying to come up with a new original design for a magazine submission.  That has been a little tricky, since it’s based on something that was a happy accident – and now I am having a hard time actually doing it on purpose!  AND figuring out how I DID it so I can write it down!  I’m on my 4th one, but since I’ve been doing so many other things  - my hand, particularly my thumb - is a little sore!  I may have to stop and have a book marathon for a few days! 
Here are a “couple” more projects I just completed – all Shiawassee Art Gallery bound next week:

Abyssinian.jpgCloaked.jpgBali Detail.jpgSticks & Stones.jpg

Magic in Motion.jpgSummer Sky.jpg

These are just a few of the pieces heading up there for the summer.  There are also earrings, and a matching bracelet or two! 
So yeah – I think I’ve been busy!  How about you?
Peaceful beading,
TTFN

No comments: