Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New classes - and no deer

After 3 entire days of sitting in the woods from pre-dawn to dusk and seeing absolutely NO deer - my husband is taking the day off from hunting.  He does have another area he could try, that is a little closer to home even - but his DOE permit is for the big area - the so far empty area of the county.  He's a little frustrated - but he's been getting calls from his brother - who has been down with H1N1 - so as soon as he's up and ready - I think they'll go again.  I hope so.  My mouth is watering for that venison.....
On a beading note - I've planned a winter class schedule.  So many people ask me about classes - so here goes.....
This Saturday is Simple, Basic Earring Making - wire wrap wires.  Easy.  Peasy.  Only $15 for everything. Two sessions - noon and 3:30.....
Saturday, December 5th - Embellishing Spiral Rope.  Also $15 - this will include the instruction and accent beads to embellish with.  There is "homework" to complete before the class - please bring your completed bracelet length spiral rope.  (Obviously, knowledge of spiral rope stitch required). 
In January - Saturday, Jan. 23rd - Making a beaded 'button'.  I will instruct on creating a shank button with RAW and seed beads.  I'm still in the idea stages of this one - and lots of trial and error.  I hope I'm ready in time!  I'll post more details after the holidays.  (yikes.  I'm so not ready for those).
Lots more ideas rattling around in my head.  I finally sold the diagonal display case - so I now have room for dancing!   No, really - I am on the hunt for a nice, lightweight work table so that I have more teaching space, and space for sit down designers.  That will be an experiment and a test of honesty of my customers - they are going to be asked to pay for ALL their design purchases BEFORE they sit and use them to create with.  I believe I have trustworthy customers - so it shouldn't be an issue.
I was recently informed of another bead store closing in the area.  While part of me is jumping for joy (more customers for me! YAY!), I am also sad to see another one fall to the sagging economy. That leaves just 4 of us now - out of the original 9 within a 40 mile radius.    And this particular one is one that I worked and taught at for awhile - so I was surprised to hear she didn't make it.  Farewell, Malinda.  I hope you are well and will find good fortune in the future. 
My "Night Music" project is coming along - and definitely progressing intuitively.  It's gonna take awhile - but will definitely be a work of art when complete.  Maybe some teaser photos soon.  We'll see....
TTFN

No comments: