Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Why is appreciating yourself a BAD thing?

I recently had a blog and Facebook friend that was 'attacked' in her blog by an anonymous blogger that felt she was a bad person for patting herself on the back and sharing her success, her new bead stashes, her travels for her beads, and more.  It is really troubling that there are people out there in the bead world that feel they need to tear down people's self esteem and general well being.  People. THEY'RE BEADS. Yes, some of us make our living from them, but all in all - it's supposed to be a fun, carefree, stress relieving activity to ENJOY.  Why the bad vibes and comments?    I'm not really sure what they were meaning to accomplish by being so blatantly rude. I hope it made them feel better - but it was definitely some bad karma, and it was definitely a time for all of her fellow blog friends to rally around and give support where support is due.  I guess I am also a bad person then, because just about the only time I blog is when I'm patting myself on the back for a job well done, to show off a new piece, to 'brag' about a success, and about the positive good vibrations of beading.  Why blog if you can't do that?  It's sort of like a diary that EVERYONE reads.  And yes, I know, there is such a thing as free speech - but there is also such a thing as common consideration, and the common sense to know when to keep your negative thoughts to yourself - in other words - if you don't have anything good to say about anyone - SHUT YOUR TRAP!

2 comments:

Crazy Mama said...

if we didn't bead about all the joys that beads bring to us, what are we supposed to talk about? this is our hobby, work for some, and passion for most of us. i'm a little confused. are we supposed to be talking about bad things in life, the stupid things we've done and wishing we had more of something? sounds kind of lame to me. kind of like that person who spouted.

Robbie said...

It's called the 'green eyed monster' if you ask me. Some women was just jealous, whether it be for your success, completed projects, daily life, whatever....just consider the source.."Anonymous"! They won't even leave their real name...oh well..not worth the effort to get upset by it and I hope your friend will just let it slide!