Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Do you Pinterest?

It seems to be the new craze right now, and it's very addictive.  I spent so long on that site this morning, I used up all of my precious quiet bead time before the dogs and hubby got up!  That's pretty bad/sad.  But it's fun - and informative, and dangerous all at the same time.  Fun to see what others - complete strangers, close friends, and even family members, like and find interesting.  Informative because of all the great IDEAS pinned - decorating, crafting, clothing - it's a wealth of information, with links back to the original sources, which will in turn have even MORE ideas.  It really is a wicked circle.  And it's dangerous, because it's made me already want to make some changes that involve buying new storage items, and I've got lots of ideas for my garden for summer.  And the recipes.  Oh, my goodness, the recipes.  We'll have extra ingredients for some scrumptious stuff on our grocery list for weeks to come!  Even my husband is a follower, and has asked me if I saw this or that, and would I make him that cookie or cake recipe.  It's give us something to talk about other than dogs and bills for a change!
Another reason to use it - it's a great marketing tool!  More and more of us that are designers, creators, and artists in one genre or another are pinning to boards that are shared and re-pinned, and re-pinned, and re-pinned again.  Talk about exposure! 
If you haven't tried it yet (I'll be surprised - it seems as though EVERYONE is Pinteresting) - here's the link.  You can browse a little bit without signing up - but it's really worth it!  http://pinterest.com
It's easy, it's free, and it's sooooooo fun!
Have a peaceful, Pinterest-ing Sunday,
TTFN

No comments: