Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Resolution-NOT

See. I told you I wasn't very good at resolutions. But now that this is linked to the website that DOES get a few hits every now and then - let's try it again. Hopefully at least a couple times a week - news or no news. NO PROMISES.

Since this is the first time I've written anything in 2009 (sad), HAPPY NEW YEAR! So far, it has been a pretty good one. Despite the nasty, wet, white, and freezing weather - we're doing well. Terry still has both his jobs, and my shop is doing better than ever. We're currently in truck search mode - the 1997 Sonoma done bit the dust and is literally un-driveable. This one car household thing is getting a little old - so cross your digits that an affordable replacement is found soon.
The book is done and available at the shop and through my website. So fun that I'm working on number 2. Sweet.

The Exhibition focal necklace is also complete. Took awhile -and a "version 2", but I like it better now. I'm surprised I didn't vent in the blog about THAT whole situation. But I'd rather have it fall apart on ME than on a paying ($250 paying) customer.
I have also entered a really cool contest that I've sort of completed the piece for. I MAY take the focal Rivoli (that's large round, pointed crystal to all of you non-beaders) and re-surround it. The top turned out funky, and since I want to WIN - "Scarlett in Chains" must be perfect. Can't provide a photo until after the contest - I'll probably post it on my website.
So now that I've blogged and updated my website, it's finally time to DO MY SALES TAX. Yuck.

There are only a pitiful few people that actually enjoy doing that sort of thing. But I can't put it off any longer. I need to be sure I've got the cash, and we've got some bills coming up.

TTFN
The Babbler

No comments: