Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A few less posts

As I mentioned in my previous post - my posts will be a little less colorful - and as it turns out - less plentiful as well. My father had a serious heart attack on Sunday evening - and I've been spending my hours and time at the hospital and transporting my traffic shy mother back and forth since then. He is still in the hospital after having a stent inserted immediately after arriving by ambulance on Sunday night. He is balking at the "therapy" and is becoming quite the irritable patient - so may not get to come home tomorrow as we'd hoped. If he would cooperate - he'd get out sooner - but he would rather fight them.....it's very hard to argue with a 77 year old man that has wires coming out of everywhere and several different people poking him and prodding him every single day. He will need another stent in 4 to 6 weeks - with another 8 weeks of recovery and therapy after that. They had planned to head home to Florida in October - and the fact that they may not be able to return has added to his frustration. My mother is exhausted - and tomorrow we plod on.
So TTFN - it may be a few days or more before I have a chance to blog with an update....wish us all well, and for my dad a speedy and un-irritating recovery.....

No comments: