Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

Things are looking up!

First of all - update on my dad. He came home on Wednesday - and is doing quite well. He has surprised us by being particularly cooperative about doing his exercises, something he was just plain ornery about in the hospital. His home health care aid was there today, and although I haven't heard the final outcome - my guess is she won't need to see him for very long. Now if he can just follow the rigid, downright impractical starvation diet they've given him. YUCK.
And now on a beading note - got my issue of BEADWORK today. All I can say is WOW! There is no way I'll be able to finish all the wonderful seed bead projects before the next issue arrives! Especially since I'm in the middle of my own creative endeavor right now - a beaded Clematis Vine Necklace (yes, Beverly, I DID it!). I've completed 3 flowers - but run out of the perfect color of Jackmanii Clematis purple Delicas. I'm debating on leaving it at 3 flowers, and doing a choker type herringbone rope with curlyque vines - or getting more of the purple Delicas for more of a lariat type piece....hmmmmmm.
And it's funny how great minds think alike. I was just getting ready to begin this post about my love of seed beads and what can be created with them, when I stopped to read Marcia DeCoster's blog (http://maddesignsbeads.blogspot.com). GREAT MIND! Her blog is asking the question "why seed beads?". I found her list of possible reasons to be every single one of mine. Plus therapeutic, color blendable, portable and just plain obsessive if you want to know the truth. There are very few pieces in my gallery and shop that do NOT contain seed beads in some way, shape or form. They add a certain unique quality that is just not seen much anymore in mainstream jewelry stores. The 'weaving arts' are the only beading classes I am teaching right now - there are so few out there that have the skills, and I love to share....
My only "issue" with this issue I guess you could say, is that they ONCE AGAIN - put the WRONG ad in for my shop listing. Urgh. Even after a CONFIRMATION email. But at least the address and the phone number are correct - I suppose that's something....
TTFN. Happy beading, everyone! If you haven't seen a copy of the new August/September 09 issue of BEADWORK - get thineself to the nearest magazine seller! It is truly wonderful......

1 comment:

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

So glad your dad is doing well. And that you are in a beading frenzy. I just answered Marcia's seed bead question - for me it's all about color!