Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ok, maybe not the NEXT stop...

Still on a learning curve with this laptop.  For some reason that I am not computer savvy to know about, I cannot read any of my previous word files written on my old laptop.  They all come out gobbledy-gook, no matter what program I try to use to open them.  I really, REALLY don't want to have to write all of my patterns and classes over again.  I don't know if I could.  So I'm going to have to find a computer savvy genius to take pity on me-hopefully for free or trade.  So I may not be getting my website updated and my Etsy store reopened as quickly as I'd hoped.  I don't want to do those things until I know what I'm doing on this thing.  May sound like a lame excuse, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.  BESIDES-I now have so many show committments, beginning in April, that I don't want to spread myself too thin as far as quality merchandise to sell.  I don't want to put anything on Etsy, because then I can't pull it back off before April, and I don't want to have it on a website if I'm going to take it with me to a show.  My things are just too one of kind for that.  As it is I'll probably have to strip my space at either Grand-dale or Coyote.  I guess it's not a BAD problem to have.  :0)  Here's the rundown:
April 14 &15 - The East Lansing Public Art Gallery Art Show and Sale, Hannah Center, East Lansing.
Tentative first weekend in June:  Art and Wine Festival, Ella Sharp Museum, Jackson
Beginning end of June, once a month through September:  Meridian Arts & Crafts Market, Okemos.
October:  Holidays in Haslett, Haslett.
November:  Holt Holiday Sampler, Holt - I'll be one of the participating homes, with 3 or 4 other artists coming to join me. 
WHEW!  And I bet there are going to be a few more thrown in during the summer, too!  Plus maintaining my spaces at Grand-dale, Coyote and the Art Gallery (see links to the right).  Who needs the internet!?!
But seriously, I DO want to get my website updated, so that I can have a nice site for those showgoers that ask me about it.  It will happen....eventually.
Going to go hop over to Lori Anderson's blog right now and find out who the lucky participants are in this go round of the blog challenge.  Hope I get to play next time around....
Peaceful beading,
TTFN

No comments: