Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm a lover, not a fighter

That's why it hurts my heart every time someone that chooses to remain anonymous, or that doesn't know me from Adam, decided to be mean and hurtful in response to one of my comments or posts.
I started this 'rant' on Facebook, but I feel that I have so much more to say on the subject. I've been told that I shouldn't be so hurt by things that people I don't know say to me, but I am an emotional being. I have feelings. That can be hurt by anyone. Especially since I RARELY consciously or deliberately direct mean and evil comment directly AT someone myself - chicky from the market a few weeks ago being an exception! (And seriously - I still didn't make my comments directly ABOUT her). Everyone says 'toughen up' 'develop a thicker skin'. Maybe. But if we ALL go around not caring what people say, not caring what WE say, and spewing hateful words - isn't that going to be just an overload of negative energy? Isn't that emotion that I feel, that many of us feel, what makes us WHO we are? I know a lot of my emotion and feelings come through my work, and it's a part of my creativity. So do we want to live in a world where there's no creativity? What is most poetry, if not emotion? What are many fiction books based upon but the emotion and feelings of the writer? Emotion adds character - and makes people interesting.
Now, I know I've had my moments of negative energy, many of you have read here how down I can get about my show situation (or lack thereof), but I don't usually stay there long. I don't usually go around hating and spreading negative energy everywhere I go. The people that surround me daily won't let me. I'm guessing that many of these 'haters' are simply unhappy with life, and are trying to spread that particular brand of 'love' so they'll have someone to commiserate with. You know the old saying "Misery loves company". Well, no thanks. I'd rather be a lover than a fighter any day. And I bet most of you would too. I'm just sayin'......
Peaceful beading, love to all, 
TTFN

No comments: