Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Beverly, you inspire me....

I love seeing all the beautiful color photographs in Beverly Ash Gilbert's posts - a fellow beader, she uses color in a very unique way. She has me stopping to really look at what is around me - even more than I already did. THIS is what I found in my own front yard this morning and I already can't resist using it for inspiration for a new piece - the wheels in my head are already spinning....
Time is winding down to my month long gallery exhibition. Next Sunday is the Gallery Walk - an open house for the PUBLIC. Family, friends, and virtual strangers are invited to meet me and speak with me about my pieces. Then the jewelry will continue to be on display for the entire month of MAY. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. I'm also trying to visualize prosperity AND be practical at the same time. Sell some - sell lots - sell ALL!
On the hubby update front - he's finally able to do most things on his own - but may not return to work for another extra day. As a pressman on a LARGE printing press, the bending and lifting may still be too much, as well as the tiring work and standing for hours. He hasn't been home with me this many days and nights in a row in forever. He's worked graveyard shift for at least half of our marriage - and if he didn't - we were on vacation, or off doing something somewhere. So it's been quite the experience. I want him to be healthy and able though - so I'm dealing and enjoying him as I can....
Hoping to enjoy some Sunday sunshine after a Saturday of horrendous storms. Didn't think it would EVER stop raining. Thank goodness for sump pumps (and battery back ups for when the power goes OUT!)
TTFN
The Babbler

1 comment:

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Thank you for the kind words!

I love the little native bleeding hearts - they are so dainty.